Translate original post with Google Translate
The Euromoot project finally has got an official logo! It is composed of the following elements:
- the eight-pointed red cross with the lily, symbol of the Scouts of Europe
- the 12 stars of the apocalyptic Virgin, symbolizing Holy Mary, Mother of God, and symbol of the Council of Europe since 1955
- The Euromoot motto “Parate Viam Domini” – Prepare the way of the Lord
- The forked stick, symbol of our rovers
- the fire, symbol of our rangers.
The logo was chosen in the online logo contest organised with the participation of rovers and rangers from all over Europe. The winners are from Varese, Italy.
What is the Euromoot?
The Euromoot is THE 2019 EVENT for the red branches of the International Union of Guides and Scouts of Europe. It gathers close to 5000 rovers, rangers and leaders from around 20 European (and American!) FSE countries in Central Italy.
- From July 27th to August 2nd, 2019 we have our Summer Roads in different regions of Italy chosen by every Clan or Fire together with their twin partner. The Roads lead us along historical itineraries throughout breath-taking countryside. Together with our brothers and sisters from abroad, we walk in the footsteps of Saint Benedict of Norcia, Saint Catherine of Siena, Saint Paul, Saint Francis… This is road, community, faith & prayer, service… Everything we need to grow as happy women and men!
- On the last day of the road, we arrive in one of the Final International Camps. Each of these camps gathers close to 1000 participants for a day of rest, exchange, formation, prayer, and scout festival.
- August 3rd, 2019 – Destination: Eternal City – All roads lead to Rome! With any luck, we will meet the Holy Father, Pope Francis.
Comments are closed